Are you Ready for Health Tattoos; Demystifying Carbon Offsets; Regenerative Travel Preview (#47)
In the Weekly Roundup of travel news, #nerdbirds Kai and Rachel share insights on United’s new COVID destination map for the US, health passports and tattoos, sustainable travel by making rocks, and international travel’s effect on high-end restaurants.
Links to articles discussed:
- United’s new COVID destination guide to the US: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/restrictions-map.html
- A Preview of “health security” at airports, including the possibility of a health tattoo: http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20200621-will-travel-be-safer-by-2022
- Demystifying carbon offsets by turning carbon into rocks: http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20200726-could-carbon-offsetting-make-travel-more-sustainable
- High-end restaurants and the effects of international travel: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/what-swedens-restaurants-learned-staying-open-in-pandemic
- Move Over, Sustainable Travel. Regenerative Travel Has Arrived (New York Times)