From Pizza to BBQ: The Random 50 States Challenge, Part 2 (#107)
After this week’s planned episode encountered technical difficulties, #nerdbird Rachel rounds up Charlie and Sebastian to chat about anything, starting with things to see in Antarctica. They eventually decided to go for Round Two of the 50 States Challenge, and talked about travels (and deep-dish pizza and BBQ) in Illinois, Arizona, Tennessee, New Mexico, South Dakota, and North Carolina.
Highlights for each state:
- Illinois: Chicago Deep Dish Pizza at Lou Malnati’s (including the infamous sausage “crust”)
- Arizona & New Mexico: Our Episode 48 talks about roadtripping the Desert Southwest, complete with maps!
- Tennessee (skewed towards West Tennessee): Elvis’ airplanes (with gold seatbelt buckles) at Graceland, National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis BBQ Crawl
- South Dakota: Crazy Horse Memorial (to be larger than Mount Rushmore), The Rapid City Presidents, RedCan Graffiti Jam (Graffiti meets Tribal Art)
- North Carolina: Hang Gliding in the Outer Banks, NC vs. SC BBQ