Essential Apps for Travel Dreaming and Planning (#44)
In today’s episode, we discussed a number of apps that can help you in several stages of the Traveler Lifecycle. Check them out below and let us know what you think!
- Instagram/Pinterest/Social Media
- Google Earth (for browsing)
- Airbnb (wishlists and unique places to stay)
- Culture Trip (cultural attractions)
- Roadtrippers (finding cool places to stop along the way)
- Destination guides like TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet
- Food-specific guides including Yelp, Happy Cow (vegan), Allergy Eats (celiac/other food allergies)
- Weather apps like Accuweather and Dark Sky
- Apps for your favorite airline, online travel agency, hotel chain, or rental car provider
Before You Go:
- Get organized with TripIt, Packr, MyTSA, and Google Calendar
- Don’t forget to download Google Maps and Google Translate for offline use!
- Learn about the culture through Memrise (language learning), Audio Tour apps, and PocketGuide (basic city guidance)
Don’t forget to tune in next week when we discuss the apps for the journey itself.