Destination Series: Washington DC, COVID Style (#62)
With Election Day coming up in the US, #nerdbirds David and Rachel ponder what there is to do and see in Washington, DC and surrounding areas during the pandemic. With 15 years living in DC (David) and 20 trips to the region (Rachel), they share tips for neighborhoods and activities off the tourist path (“a Disneyland for government!”).
Places and ideas discussed on this episode:
- Rock Creek Park (NPS)
- Things to do on the water in the DC area (includes walking along the Potomac River)
- Capital Bikeshare
- C&O Canal (NPS)
- National Cathedral and surrounds
- 11 Essential Ethiopian Restaurants Around DC
- 10 Essential Salvadorean Restaurants Around DC
- Eden Center (mostly Vietnamese, 120 stores), Virginia
- Washington DC neighborhoods:
- Gravelly Point, Arlington VA for planespotting
- 12 Great Walks to Take (in the DC Area)
- Shenandoah National Park
- David also mentioned the “embassy crawl,” also known as Passport DC. This usually happens during the entire month of May.